Wiring a megaflo immersion

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We are installing a new c/h and h/w system into our house and the Megaflo (indirect) and water side is now ready. The boiler has not yet been installed but we need hot water as we are moving in today.

Having taken the cover off the control housing I can see the connections for the safety cut-outs but not where to connect the immersion. Diagram 8 of the install instructions shows terminals on the back of the stat...I don't see them on mine, although I do see 2 smaller black wires coming from that area. Are they pre-wired in to the controls?

Sponsored Links
A megaflow is powered by the boiler so it is not installed yet, it will not do you a lot of good, thermostat or not. Unless you know exactly what you are doing, I would recommend leaving this job to someone qualified. The combination of a body submersed in water, electricity and copper pipe with almost zero resistance leaves the possibility for very unpleasant experiences. To install the megaflow on its own, you need to be registered for water installations as well as electrical installations, and after that corgi registered for the boiler. Thermostat wiring is fairly basic and if you can not work it out with the manual in hand, you are literally risking your life with this sort of diy. An simple connection if the rest is already there should be fairly inexpensive

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back