Megaflo CL145HE- Has it got an immersion heater fitted?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am confused as to whether the megaflo in our recently purchased house has an immersion fitted. I think it hasn't but i'm struggling to find specific information as to whether this particular model of Megaflo comes with an immersion as standard.

The only electrical box on the megaflo is the one shown in the photo below:
Megafloelectricalbox.jpg

I think this is the cylinder temperature controls and the wire connected to it looks way to small to be a feed for an immersion heater even though the manufacturers cabling looks far more substantial.

Can anyone familiar with these units confirm if this is the immersion heater or not?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
The round item with blue adjuster is the element.

But it has not been connected to a supply.

Technically only someone who is qualified to work on unventeds should connect to it. But no unvented specific knowledge is required just to connect the immersion element.

I always suggest that just a lead and plug is fitted if there is no suitable switched spur in the location.

Tony

That would explain why i couldn't find any appropriate wiring for the immersion yet all the literature i'd read seemed to indicate that there should be an immersion fitted.

There is a fused and switched spur in the airing cupboard. Just not connected for some reason.

I have read that the single immersion heater elements are particularly powerful and take a long time to heat up the water without boiler assistance. Is that correct?

Thanks again Tony.

I've got another question that i'm hoping you'll give me the benefit of your knowledge in a minute as well :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back