Wiring a motorised valve to tank stat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

My oil boiler on one side flow and return heats my radiator circuit and all radiators have thermostatic valves for control this works great.

The other side of the boiler which is a flow and return to my immersion coil has no control on it and is very hot since flushing the central heating with a cleaner, previously it was fine because the pipes were blocked and only the immersion heated the tank.

I want to fit a two port motorised valve on this line which will be connected to my tank stat so that the temperature can be regulated.

I need some advice on how to do it.

Ill attach a pic from the tank stat.

Thanks for reading.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
20190523_211838.jpg

That's an unvented cylinder, which should only be worked on by someone who is G3 qualified (although it sounds like it's been installed by someone who doesn't know what they're doing). Would be interested to see some pictures of the rest of the installation, too see what other faults there might be. I hope it's not been left in a very dangerous condition

That's an unvented cylinder, which should only be worked on by someone who is G3 qualified (although it sounds like it's been installed by someone who doesn't know what they're doing). Would be interested to see some pictures of the rest of the installation, too see what other faults there might be. I hope it's not been left in a very dangerous condition

I swapped it with a copper tank about 4 years ago and yes i am not qualified to G3.

The reason i didnt get a plumber was because i was made redundant and couldnt afford it, i know its not the ideal way but i had no choice as i have kids to feed.

Sponsored Links

20190523_225504.jpg

You sure your G3 Qualified ???

*you're

Yes I am, very clearly I couldn't see that it was an unusual vented one from the close-up... if you're going to get shirty when someone shows concern for your safety, you're not going to get very much help in here. What controls do you have?

Don't take life so seriously i was just joking with you.

There are no controls on it, only a programmable timer for the boiler and i dont use that, i just control it using the danfoss thermostatic valves , usually threw the winter there set to three in some rooms and two in others, during the summer the boiler is often just switched off.

I just need a very basic set up to control that temp on the immersion, not interested in programmers or room stats etc.

*you're

Yes I am, very clearly I couldn't see that it was an unusual vented one from the close-up... if you're going to get shirty when someone shows concern for your safety, you're not going to get very much help in here. What controls do you have?
Lol...luvin it!

Battle of the plumbers lol Big Davey Price be on here next :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back