Wiring a new double light switch, (layout different) PICS...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
I have bought this new light switch, but the old white one has a different layout, and all the wires are red! could anyone shed some light as to which should go where? I have labeled the old one 1-6 and the new one A-F in the hope that someone can talk me through it!

Thanks
Geraint

Sponsored Links
Has the old one got anything stamped into it ie. COM where the wires are terminated?

thanks holmslaw,

there are no other wires, just the ones you see there.
But the lumpy bits all around the wire holes are plastic, and so is the plate between that and the face, will this suffice?

M4, im not entirely sure, im back at work now, and can check tonight, what will this tell me?

Sponsored Links
Check the box in the wall - the earths may be terminated in there to the metal back box and you have not noticed?

as you have all red wires, I would expect an earth to be included in the cable and connected.

i.e
Twin red and earth

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back