Wiring a programmable room thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am trying to connect a "Centaurstat 7" programmable room thermostat to a "Strauss JLG26" Combi Boiler, which is apparently manufactured by "Berte" in Germany. At the bottom of the boiler are 2 spring loaded terminals into which a 2 core cable connects. The other end of the cable I have connected to terminals 1 and 2 of the thermostat. I hoped that using a programmable thermostat would override the basic on / off function switch on the front of the boiler and thereby give me some control over the heating.

When the thermostat is open it does not cause the central heating to shutdown and when it is shut it does not call for the heating to come on, I.E . there is no effect either way on the boiler and at present the only form of heating time control is either to select on or off via the boiler function switch.

There does not appear to be any "link" cable anywhere which would cause the system to override the thermostat. Though I may have just not found it.

Could someone please advise where I am going wrong and possibly provide a solution and / or simple wiring diagram.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back