Wiring a SALUS RT500RF into a Viessmann Vitodens 100???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I currently have a Sunvic RF Digital, but the receiver is not working any longer - the circuit boards seems to have given up. The signal are still recieved from wireless stat but the switch to the boiler is not working. Even pressing and holding the test button does not work.

Anyway, I have now purchased a SALUS RT500RF as I wanted to have different temp profiles throughout the day as we used to have a Drayton RF3 in our old house, but found them a bit pricey.

I have taken the cover off the Sunvic receiver and have found a Live and neutral conections for 230V supply (L & N) and two wires into 'C' and 'On' I assume these are wired to the thermostat loop of the boiler. The new receiver can be wired 3 ways:
1. 230v Application (link left on receiver)
2. Volt free (Link removed)
3. Wiring into the external Thermostat lop of a boiler.

I think I want to follow 3, (although 2&3 are exactly the same?), but want some re-assurance first. Obviously L and N are direct replacements and will still go L & N on the volt free/external loop diagram. Then I assume the wire that is currently C on sunvic will go to COM on Salus and the wire to ON on Sunvic will be NO on Salus.

Please can someone confirm this, or advise if completely wrong.

Thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back