wiring a trimmer phone

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an old trimmer phone, its the type that was hard wired into the wall, it has a white, red, green and blue cable, does anyone know how to connect it ?, ive messed around a bit and could get a dialing tone but no ring from it,

TIA

Sponsored Links
very useful link...

I especially like the bit for the cell phone...

press *#06# and it comes up with your IMEI number, which is the code to give your provider to get the phone locked if it's lost or stolen..

Sponsored Links
From memory 15 years ago lol

Try this :

white pin 5
red pin 2
green pin 4 (not used)
blue pin 3

Connect the top two first and see if you get a dial tone

get hold of a new cable for the trimphone like this one

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Original-1970...3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66:2|65:1|39:1|240:1318

cant find one with a new style plug on but I am sure they are available
or fit a plug to the above

and as for how to wire it up

Telephone is wired as follows.

The bell or ringing device should be 4000 ohms resistance. This is achieved by inserting a 3.3K resistor between T4 & T5. It is sometimes preferable to not wire a Trimphone ringer up. This is because it can sometimes upset the rest of your telephone ringers. The Trimphone volume control has an Off position, which is obtainable by removing the case and slackening off the screw on top of the volume control switch itself.

Remove strap T6 - T7
Remove strap T4 - T5
Insert strap T5 - T6
Red wire of line cord to T8
Blue wire of line cord to T6
Insert straps T16 - T17 and T18 - T19
White wire of line cord to T18
Green wire of line cord to T15
Insert a 3.3K resistor between T4 - T5

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Weren't all trim phones 'recovered' due to the radiation levels of the luminous dial ??

To Burntwire,

Its been a long time since I did this telephone stuff.

If I remember, the telephones were in parallel and the bells were in series.

Try connecting green and white together and put the line across blue and red.
Let me know if it does the trick, otherwise you may need to take the advice above...

EDIT STOP PRESS.

Look what i found... a Wiring Diagram for the 722 (don't know if thats your model??.
See it at http://www.samhallas.co.uk/repository/n_diagrams/0000/N822.pdf

Looks like you ignore blue.

Connect green & white together, thats one side of the line. Red goes to the other side.

Good luck

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back