Wiring Drayton Digistat+ To A Worcester-Bosch 280RSF

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Afternoon Gents
I am hoping you may be able to help me out.
I want to replace my existing damaged Drayton RTS1 Room Thermostat with a Drayton Digistat +. The existing thermostat has three connections coming from the 280 RSF boiler into its base plate/terminal block, these being:
Terminal N – Blue Cable
Terminal L – Brown Cable
Terminal 3 (Call) – Yellow/Green Cable (rapped in red insulating tape).

The proposed Digistat + unit has a set of four terminals, these being:

Terminal 1 – Off (Heating satisfied of call for cooling)
Terminal 2 – On (Call for heat)
Terminal 3 – Com (Common)
Terminal 4 – N (Not required)

As the new thermostat only requires a two wire connection, am I right in thinking that I need to connect the brown cable from the boiler to the COM terminal of the thermostat, connect the yellow/green cable to the On (Call for Heat) terminal of the thermostat and to disconnect and isolate the blue cable at both ends. Or is this a waste of time due to the age of the boiler (installed about 11 years ago) and should I replace the damaged thermostat like for like.

Any help would greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
I should think you are correct, I would use the blue (flagged with brown tape)as the switched live back from r/stat. This would mean taking out and making safe the gr/yell at both ends.

Hope thats clear enough for you, if not let us know and I'll see what I can do, or one of the others on here may explain it better.

Thanks Twgas

That cleared things up, also make sense about using the blue wire tagged brown lot less confusion.

Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back