Wiring fan and low energy lights

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can you give me advice ? The wiring to the existing pullcord switch is 2 core - live and neutral (perm live?) only. The fan has 3 terminals N SL and L. How do I connect with just 2 wires. I assume it is ok to connect the low energy lights to the connector where the centre light used to be. Can the fan go into this connector too?
The instructions ask for a 3A dp fused spur which I have been unable to buy round here. Would a 13A fused spur with a 3A fuse be ok?
Hope you can help. It is impossible to get an electrician round here to do small jobs.

Dave

Sponsored Links
yes i have looked but none relate to my particular situation can you please advise.

daveee said:
yes i have looked but none relate to my particular situation can you please advise.

yes look again, try harder.

if you can not figure it out from the drawings shown i am sorry to say then you should not be doing it. I am not even going to mention part p

Sponsored Links
theres no need to be rude, I thought this was a place to get help. I have been unable to find any thing that relates to my situation or i wouldnt waste my time writing this. Is there any one in the UK who can help?

i am not being rude. I merely pointed out that in my opinion i feel that if you can not figure out how to read a drawing then you are not competant to carry out the job.

you should also not be doing it anyway since part p has come into force

Part p? cant even see any drawings or a part p where do i look??

daveee said:
Part p? cant even see any drawings or a part p where do i look??

try lookin thru the topic for part P. wont take long before you come accross 1.

are we talking under the "How To" section? I have never seen any info on this relating to 2 wire supplies.

your switch has a perm live and a switched live, no neutral (since its a switch) so why do u need the fan there

Why do I need the fan there?? its a small shower room. Can I use the switch to connect the fan to or not? or do i need a neutral.

as i said see the for refernce section it shows how it is done.

I appreciate you do not understand / new to diy, but please try searching the forum, it has all the information you require including part p, how to wire a fan etc etc

daveee said:
Why do I need the fan there?? its a small shower room. Can I use the switch to connect the fan to or not? or do i need a neutral.

you need a neutral. how else u expect it to work. see the for reference thread. it says in there how to connect it.

but since you dont kno you both live and neutral for something to work, i would recommend you get someone else to do it.

andrew2022, I am glad that you agree with me , person has no idea what he is doing, but i did point this out some time ago

breezer said:
andrew2022, I am glad that you agree with me , person has no idea what he is doing, but i did point this out some time ago

people who dont know that an apppliance needs both live and neutral to work shouldnt be doing any DIY electrical work.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back