wiring for Baisi combi boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I need to know what cable to put in...

Mum-in-law has a Biasi combi boiler with a wireless Salus thermostat that she just cant get on with.

I have a wired Danfos controller and wired room stat to replace it with and will run some cable this weekend and get someone who knows to wire it up (unless it's easier than I assume)

It's a bungalow with the boiler in the loft so not too bad to drop some cable to the controller and stat and back to the boiler

Question is how many cores to each do I need? is it just back to the boiler or to each other?

Cheers
:)

Sponsored Links
Normally you will need to run 3 core to Prog from boiler fuse spur to power it.
And also 3 core from boiler terminals to Prog to com and n/o connections which send on off signal back to boiler.

If you fit a thermostat you need to take a 3 core from prog to stat.for com and n/o
But if you need power, like the salus thermostat does, you could use 5 core or another 3 core

So.......
3 core - fuse spur to prog 240 v l . N . E
3 core - boiler term. to prog. com . N/o (earth cut off or terminate in chock)

3 core - prog to stat. com. . N/ o. ( earth cut off or chock)

3 core - prog to stat. l . N . E . If stat needs 240 v

Alternatively two 5 cores.

Use programmable room stat and only 2 cores required from boiler to stat position.

Sponsored Links
Cheers guys!

programmer is a Danfoss TS715 Si
and the stat is non-powered two wire

I have 3 core + earth cable and twin and earth

so I need T&E to power the programmer L & N, 3 core for COM, OFF and ON

and T&E to the stat?

and both run to a wiring centre/junction box next to the boiler?

is that correct?

ok I've been doing a bit more reading on this - but don't quite understand so bear with

as majority of rads have TRVs do I need the room stat?

...and if not do I just connect the COM (1) and ON (4) of the programmer to the 1 & 3 connections of the boiler?

like here but A and B are connections 1 & 4 on the timeswitch and
Lr & Ls are 1 & 3 (room stat connections) on the Biasi Boiler?

and obviously fused mains supply to both

4vsSynA.jpg

Wiringinstructionsofnewunit.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back