Wiring worcester 28I to Honeywell cm900 wireless room stat

The receiver box needs a permanent 230v supply to provide power to run the radio receiver part. Signals received from the transmitter (user control unit) instruct the receiver to open or close a two-way relay which connects A to B (heating) or A to C (cooling).

If the boiler uses 230v on the switched live, then this is provided by linking the L terminal to the A terminal. If the boiler uses a different voltage, e.g 24v ac or dc, then this has to come from the boiler direct to the A terminal and returned to the boiler via the B terminal.

Sponsored Links
jamesevans";p="1247235 said:
I get it now!! Thanks so much for helping me here guys, I really am greatful!

I guess I should've bought a wireless stat/receiver which was all of 240v then i'd only have needed 3 wires!

Anyway I get it now and will get the wiring done tonight :)

It's good to know why you are doing what you are doing.....

James,
You have got a stat that works with 230v on both sides!!!
You DO only need 3 cores and a link wire!!
Are you sure youve got it?

i thought i had

basically the stat requires the link (which is a perm live also to the receiver)??? unlike a normal prog room sat that does not??? is that correct? :oops:

the wiring is the same as for a prog room stat, BUT the receiver requires a permanent live supply to work - that's the difference :LOL:

Sponsored Links
the wiring is the same as for a prog room stat, BUT the receiver requires a permanent live supply to work - that's the difference :LOL:

The reciever needs both perm live and a neutral!
Otherwise the same as a wired programmable roomstat.

The reciever needs both perm live and a neutral!
Otherwise the same as a wired programmable roomstat.

yep, some prog room stats also need a perm live and neutral !! and as well as them both having a switched live (LR) the receiver also needs a perm live to feed the switched live (LR)....... !

Hi. I have just joined up in 2018, looking at a post from 2009!! I have the same boiler and a more advanced RF thermostat. Is anyone still listening, as I need to confirm my proposed wiring.

Thank you in advance

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back