wiring for new under floor heating system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

This my first post, so be gentle with me!!

I have just fitted a reliance one zone UFH kit to my extension, Ive come to wiring it up now. The system boiler is wired directly to the existing C/H pump, so that pump runs as soon as the boiler fires up. What I want to know is when the existing C/H and DHW is off and the new UFH is on and the boiler is running to provide heat to the UFH only, how do I wire system so that the C/H and DHW pump doesnt run??

How it is at the moment would mean that the C/H pump would be trying to pump water past the closed 2 way valves in current system, when UFH heating is running.

Can i wire the C/H DHW pump to the switched outputs of the old room stat and cylinder stat (brown on 2 way valve) to trigger the pump. therefore meaning the pump wont run when just UFH is on???

Cheers Darren

Sponsored Links
It sounds as though you've connected before the boiler pump in which case you'll probably need relays.

It usual practise to connect after the boiler pump with a by pass fitted. The UFH will have a separate timer, roomstat and zone valve.

I have connected the UFH to t pieces directly at the feed/returns at the top of the boiler. It then goes to the zone valve, pump, mixer etc. My original pipe work from boiler to C/H DHW doesn't have a bypass valve fitted. So should I fit one, so the boiler pump can continue to run when UFH is on, or should I just wire boiler pump/UFH pump via a relay of some sort as you said??

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back