Ideal isar he24 no dhw pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was called out today to look at the above named boiler, the pump was not running for the c/h so i replaced that and the c/h now runs fine, however the dhw has zero pressure at all, can anyone advise me on this please?

Sponsored Links
Sorry ya, cold water pressure is fine and the valves are fully open, i am a plumber by trade but have not worked on this type of boiler before :)

I was called out today to look at the above named boiler, the pump was not running for the c/h so i replaced that and the c/h now runs fine, however the dhw has zero pressure at all, can anyone advise me on this please?

so you left the customer without hot water?
you must of closed the wrong isolation valve when changing the pump head
what faultcode was showing?when you decided it was the pump.

Sponsored Links
@idealnumber, They had no hot water when i got there and have had none for a week. Not a lot i can do about that. I changed the pump as the one in there was not running at all. Now it does :)

@Dan_Robinson The filling loop is running just fine, i bring the pressure up to 1.5 bar so no problems there. There is just no pressure at all from the dhw side, a small dribble which is hot but thats it.

Or clogged with scale/crud/something that should be there,

They did have some flow restrictor on their inlet valves - try removing that and seeing what happens.

Cheers dan, i`ll strip down the valves and make sure they are clean, @idealnumber1 do you mean the iso valve connected to the boiler or the one on the feed loop? The feed loop is working ok.

I think he means the one that I do - second from the right. You can turn it off and remove the cartridge inside - this is the pressure regulator bit.

I've removed the inlet mesh filter completely before now, it can clog badly.

Have they a Sentinel combiguard fitted by any chance?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back