wiring heating valves

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello everyone,
i am aboubt to wire in a heating system, it has 2 heating valves, they are to be placed more or less next to each other. i was wondering if i can connect from the wiring centre ito the valves in radial as the earth, neutral, and two link wires from boiler is common on both valve the only difference is the room stat wires. Or is it best to go from the wiring centre to a anothwer wiring centre then to the valves, its just ii didnt want to waste more wire than i need to....thanx everyone for taking tie out to read this....steve

Sponsored Links
Stick to the industry standard wiring plans, eg Honeywell.

That way anyone working on this system later will be able to work out what is what.

I take it you're working with an S plan where the zone valves are some distance away from the wiring centre then.

You'll have

P/Live
Neutral
Earth
Sw/Live from the room stat
Sw/Live from the cylinder stat
Sw/Live to the boiler (in modern systems, the boiler has a permanant live and just uses this to fire it up)

6 wires all in all.

I'd reccomend using 2 runs of 1mm2 3-core and earth terminated into a second 10-way box next to the zone valves, with the wires parked in the same position as per the standard s-plan diagram.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back