Wiring Horstmann h27xl series 2 channel programmer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good afternoon all,

just a bit of advice. I am currently wiring in the above time clock and just wanted to double check wiring. I have an unvented system with 2 zone valves a room stat(hardwired) and a cylinder stat. The programmer has terminals 1. Hw on, 3. Hot water off
4. Heating on
6. Heating off
(Terminals L 2 and 5 linked)

do I have to use all these terminals and if so how do I connect the respective ones to the cylinder stat and the room stat in the wiring centre.
I have obviously gone astray as I thought you could just use terminals 1 and 4.

Thank you

Sponsored Links
are you replacing an existing system or starting from scratch.

you have 2 motorized valves

Normally it's

Timer > Stat > motorized valve

As long as you DON'T have a motorised valve with 3 pipes, the OFF terminals are not used

I am starting from scratch. Just regular port valves. That is how I would have wired it with just the ch on and hw on. But after speaking to Horstmann because there was no wiring diagram in the box they informed I needed to use all the terminals. Thank for the responses I will hopefully sort it on monday.

Sponsored Links
S-Plan.jpg
Standard S Plan, does that help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back