Wiring in bedroom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Recently purchased house and am in process of moving in, in one of the bedrooms at the back of the room was a cupboard with leds on top, this wire was connected to a transformer and then into the wall, there is also a fuse socket, I would like to remove this but not sure how, I have also just had a carpet fitted so could be difficult.

Attachments

• IMG_20191219_180549.jpg
    IMG_20191219_180549.jpg
    341.4 KB · Views: 225
  • IMG_20191219_180554.jpg
    IMG_20191219_180554.jpg
    283.8 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_20191219_180605.jpg
    IMG_20191219_180605.jpg
    469.9 KB · Views: 229
Sponsored Links
Recently purchased house and am in process of moving in, in one of the bedrooms at the back of the room was a cupboard with leds on top, this wire was connected to a transformer and then into the wall, there is also a fuse socket, I would like to remove this but not sure how, I have also just had a carpet fitted so could be difficult.
Does that fused switch in the picture switch the lights off?

The

The lights didn't work at all, also the other wire that is bare is not live, not sure what that was for?, Sorry if u am not helping but why would you have fused switch just for some LED lights in a cupboard?

The

The lights didn't work at all, also the other wire that is bare is not live, not sure what that was for?, Sorry if u am not helping but why would you have fused switch just for some LED lights in a cupboard?
2 reasons (or possiblymore):
1) to be able to switch them on and off
2) to safely connect the thin cable to the ring main.

Sponsored Links
Let’s see a picture of the wiring behind the fused switch.

Sorry to be critical but the best plan is to do your electrical/plumbing work etc before carpets are fitted. How do you plan to fit the missing skirting board now.?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back