wiring integrated microwave

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A friend this a.m. was in panic as the door of the Baumatic integrated microwave would not open. I took it out and nent the hinges a little and it works for now.

Now the cowboy job. The flex disappeared into the back of the unit. It is connected to the back of a double socket beneath on a 32A ring. It is a spur off the ring. This needs putting right of course.

What is the usual way of connecting an integrated microwave?

Thanks

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I traced the flex to behind the socket. But what is the usual way of wiring these? A socket in an adjacent cupboard? If so that means cutting off a moulded plug in new microwave and threading the flex through a hole and wiring a new plug onto the flex.

Last edited:
I traced the flex to behind the socket.
Yes, but is the socket on the cooker circuit?

But what is the usual way of wiring these.
It depends on the situation.

A socket in an adjacent cupboard? If so that means cutting off a moulded plug in new microwave and threading the flex through a hole and wiring a new plug onto the flex.
I don't know. What rating is the appliance? Did it come with a plug?

Sponsored Links
Ok, then, in that case it is not done correctly.

Put a plug back on - fitted through a hole is not ideal but ok.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back