wiring lights to a switch

Sponsored Links
A lot depends on how the lights are currently wired and switched. Do you know how lighting circuits work? Can you work out what to do from the diagrams in the For Reference topic?

ban-all-sheds said:
A lot depends on how the lights are currently wired and switched. Do you know how lighting circuits work? Can you work out what to do from the diagrams in the For Reference topic?

:p thank you "ban all sheds" the problem has been resolved, I was asking on behalf of my brothers e-mail to me, so I didn't know to much about it.What I can gather now having talked to him was they were replacing lighting which required an earth.The Wiring to one light was just
the two wires,to the second I think they had 3x red + 3x black;is this a loop system?However a local electrician put them on the right road whatever that was.So thank you for your time Newlaithes

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back