Wiring my shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Before I hook this back up in just wanted to check where the spare earth goes. I know how to wire the 3 that are together, but where does the lone earth go ? I assume it is where the other earth goes right ?

Thanks

Attachments

• 20161018_142806.jpg
    20161018_142806.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 55
Sponsored Links
It is not a spare earth, it will be connected to the metallic pipework in the bathroom (known as supplementary bonding)
And yes it should be connected to the earth terminal on the shower, with the CPC(earth) of the circuit.
if you are swapping a shower, have you checked the current carrying capacity of the cable is equal to or greater than that of the shower and the overcurrent protective device(fuse) is also suitably rated?

Thanks for the reply. It is a similar shower and the manufacturer recommends this as a replacement, along with someone here.

I'm replacing a Gainsborough 8.5kw Style 400x, with a Gainsborough SE 8.5kw.

Sponsored Links
Providing the cable and protective device were originally specified correctly you should be fine.
The shower will require a 40A MCB and a minimum of a 6mm t&e cable.
The Manufacture will likely recommend that the new shower is protected by an RCD, with regards to the location.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back