Wiring new oven

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I am doing up my kitchen and installing a new oven as part of that. I currently have a double oven with a gas hob combined. The oven is connected with a wire (6mm twin and earth) to the cooker control unit which then leads back to the main fuse box, also on 6mm wire. It is on its own circuit, with a 30 or 32a fuse.

I am replacing it with a separate gas hob, and a single oven which I want to move to another part of the kitchen. It will still be well within 2 metres of the cooker control unit, however I would need to reroute the cable that leads to the cooker control unit as it's the other side of a doorway. The plan would be to take it up the wall from the cooker control unit, into the roof space and then down the other wall into the back of the oven. It would still be one (6mm T and E) wire from the oven to the cooker control unit, just longer than the one before. The oven in question is a Gaggenau and I think its power usage is a maximum of 4.5 kw (presumably with everything on) though it mentions 3.6kw and a 16a fuse below that.

I'm not moving the position of the gas hob. The cooker control unit has a socket in it as well.

Is this feasible and allowable? I am aware that this is notifiable work and that I either need to get someone to do it, or to get it checked. I'm just at the planning and logistics stage at the moment.

Sponsored Links
Hi Dodger,

Sounds fine, nothing wrong with it at all.

Much love,

Fingers.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back