WIRING POWER SOCKET.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI AGAIN.
COULD I SPUR OFF THE SOCKET ON AN ADJOINING WALL TO ADD AN EXTRA POWER SOCKET IN ANOTHER ROOM? DOES THE CABLE HAVE TO BE HARD WIRED? I DON'T WANT TO CHASE THE WALL OUT AS THE ADJOINING ROOM HAS BEEN DECORATED. WOULD AN EXTENSION LEAD BE O.K. USING 2.5MM CABLE PLACED IN CONDUIT? THE EXTRA POWER SOCKET IS FOR A TUMBLE DRYER AND A CHEST FREEZER.

Sponsored Links
To be on the safe side I would use a 13A switched FCU that will be integrated into the original ring circuit and from it on the load side connect a 2.5mm2 cable. (my assumption is that this is a ring, if this is a radial and uses 4mm2 you will have to use 4mm2 cable)

To be on the safe side I would use a 13A switched FCU that will be integrated into the original ring circuit and from it on the load side connect a 2.5mm2 cable. (my assumption is that this is a ring, if this is a radial and uses 4mm2 you will have to use 4mm2 cable)

would the FCU be wired between my existing power socket and my new power socket?

could i not go from my existing power socket to a switched curcuit breaker to my new socket. there is a curcuit breaker right next to where i want to put the socket but it is not wired.

Sponsored Links
would the FCU be wired between my existing power socket and my new power socket?
Yes.

could i not go from my existing power socket to a switched curcuit breaker to my new socket. there is a curcuit breaker right next to where i want to put the socket but it is not wired.
I do not understand, do you have a not connected MCB/fuse " hanging" somewhere on the wall?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back