WIRING PROBLEMS ON STAT CHANGE - BLOWN UP PROGRAMMER!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
WANTING TO CHANGE STAT ON AN EXISTING NON COMBI SYSTEM FROM DIAL TYPE TO DIGITAL (BOTH HONEYWELL)

THE EXISTING DIAL TYPE HONEYWELL T6360 IS CONNECTED TO A HONEYWELL ST699B TIME CONTROL

HAVING REMOVED THE COVER THE T6360 IS WIRED AS FOLLOWS

YELLOW TO 1
BLUE TO 2
RED TO 3
EARTH WIRE TO EARTH TERMINAL

SO I NEED TO KNOW WHICH WAY TO CONNECT THE THREE WIRES TO THE TERMINALS ON THE NEW HONEYWELL DIGITAL DT200 MARKED A, B, C - STRANGELY THE NEW ONE HAS NO EARTH???

OR PUT ANOTHER WAY WHICH TERMINALS ON T6360 ARE SAME AS ABC ON DT 200?

ASKED AN ELECTRICIAL AND SHOWED HIM WIRING DIAGRAMS FOR BOTH STATS AND HE TOLD ME :-

1 = A
2 = B
3 = C

SO I WIRED

YELLOW WHICH WAS ON 1 TO A
BLUE WHICH WAS ON 2 TO B
RED WHICH WAS ON 3 TO C

SWITCHED BACK ON - TIME CONTROL ST699 BLEW UP - THANKS MATE!

NOW GOT TO PAY £55 FOR NEW PROGRAMMER AND DONT WANT TO DO SAME AGAIN

PLEASE HELP ANYONE!

PETE MALTBY :(

THANKS

please note forum rules 1a & 6

Sponsored Links
There should have been a copy of the instructions with the DT200

If not here is a copy on line

http://content.honeywell.com/uk/homes/Technical/DT200/DT200Inst.pdf

Neutral is NOT required on the DT200. Only the LIVE ( normally RED is used this ) and SWITCH LIVE ( normally yellow is used for this )

NEUTRAL wire should he terminated in a terminal block and the EARTH in a second terminal

( edit) Sorry didn't notice an ""electrician"" had given you bad advice.

RED ( live) to A

YELLOW (switched live ) to B

Nothing to C

Your electrician friend is an idiot :)

The DT200 is a simple battery powered relay, introducing a live and neutral to it is sure to bring surprising results.

Connect the switched live from your new programmer for central heating to terminal A. Terminal B should be connected to the white wire from the motorised valve (if you have a 3-port).

That's all there is to it.

still confused now as my

yellow wire on old stat was on 1

red wire was on 3

so from what you are saying was the old stat wired using wrong colours?

all i need to know guys is the wire which was connected to 1 on old stat goes to a b or c

wire connected to 2 on old goes to a b or c

wire to 3 on old goes to a b or c

this will solve any problem if not used right coloured wires in first place

got this back from honeywell - does this agree with what you are telling me

------------------------------------------
A = 1
>B = 3
>
>2 isnt used

C is not used unless you are using a cooling load (fan) it is a spare
> >switching terminal.
> >
> >A = Live in
> >B = switch live out

-----------------------------------------
why did the time programmer blow up then - had to be the most expensive part! - made me jump ha ha

really appreciate the help guys - nice to know here are people out there who still care
:)

Sponsored Links
so as mine is wired

need to put yellow (old stat terminal 1) on A
red (old stat terminal 3) to B

think thats what you are telling me

and bernardgreen:- think you are saying he has used the red and yellow wrong way round when wiring old stat but guessing I follow the terminals not the wire colours

just want to be double sure as SH*T myself when it went bang before!

wont do it till I checked with you guys!!!

thanks again

PETEINENGLAND said:
any chance you could confirm my thoughts on what goes where anre now right?

thanks

Don`t forget to notify the appropriate authorities after carrying out your minor electrical forays, after all, we wouldn`t want anyone to get Electrocuted to Death would we. Good laugh Electricity. Any Dickhead advising you on here should be shot, your are obviously incompetent (Just my little contribution,& Gawd help yer family).

very constructive help bamber

thats why I asked a qualified electrician and thats where the problem started

any chance the guys who helped me before could confrim my thoughts?

thanks

It appears the yellow and red are your switched wires as usual. Red should be live in from controls and yellow back, although in practice won't affect result.

make neutral and earth safe. You are only using the thermostat as a on/off according to room temp. Battery side is running display and temp switching ;)

PETEINENGLAND said:
very constructive help bamber

thats why I asked a qualified electrician and thats where the problem started

any chance the guys who helped me before could confrim my thoughts?

thanks

It`s a pity you didn`t pay a qualified Electrician. My advice was not to denigrate you, merely to highlight the danger you are putting yourself & your family at risk to save a few pounds.If you don`t like the advice ,Tough.

If you ever smell Gas, come on here & I will walk you through the steps to repair it.

Bamber - I did try for 3 weeks to pay to get an electrician and no one ever turned up - you obviously dont know how hard it is to get tradesmen over here - but being a Yank you of course know everything

Also I would suggest calling me "obviously incompetent" when you know nothing about me or the situation is to "denigrate" me. And I do not consider "electricity "a good laugh" as you suggest. Please do and annoy someone else if all you want to do is take the **** and be offensive as there are many other people on this great forum whos intention is genuinely to assist

Gas4you - thanks for the advice - will connect yellow to a and red to b and see how we go

PETEINENGLAND said:
WANTING TO CHANGE STAT ON AN EXISTING NON COMBI SYSTEM FROM DIAL TYPE TO DIGITAL (BOTH HONEYWELL)

THE EXISTING DIAL TYPE HONEYWELL T6360 IS CONNECTED TO A HONEYWELL ST699B TIME CONTROL

HAVING REMOVED THE COVER THE T6360 IS WIRED AS FOLLOWS

YELLOW TO 1
BLUE TO 2
RED TO 3
EARTH WIRE TO EARTH TERMINAL

SO I NEED TO KNOW WHICH WAY TO CONNECT THE THREE WIRES TO THE TERMINALS ON THE NEW HONEYWELL DIGITAL DT200 MARKED A, B, C - STRANGELY THE NEW ONE HAS NO EARTH???

OR PUT ANOTHER WAY WHICH TERMINALS ON T6360 ARE SAME AS ABC ON DT 200?
ASKED AN ELECTRICIAL AND SHOWED HIM WIRING DIAGRAMS FOR BOTH STATS AND HE TOLD ME :-

1 = A
2 = B
3 = C

SO I WIRED

YELLOW WHICH WAS ON 1 TO A
BLUE WHICH WAS ON 2 TO B
RED WHICH WAS ON 3 TO C

SWITCHED BACK ON - TIME CONTROL ST699 BLEW UP - THANKS MATE!

NOW GOT TO PAY £55 FOR NEW PROGRAMMER AND DONT WANT TO DO SAME AGAIN

PLEASE HELP ANYONE!

PETE MALTBY :(

THANKS

please note forum rules 1a & 6

We are not talking a little incompetent here, we are talking HUGELY incompetent. Sorry if I hurt your feelings why don`t you ask on the Elecrical Forum & see how many sparks will help you. You are not up to the task Fellah. Pay a qualified Spark

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back