Wiring to an outside toilet, water heater,hand dryer, heater

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I want to reinstate an outside toilet and have a 2kw instantaneous hand wash, a 2kw hand dryer and a 2kw heater fitted, is this going to be possible ?

The ground floor ring main is connected to 4 double sockets in the lounge, 4 double sockets and 6 fused spurs in the kitchen and a double socket in the utility.

If it can't be connected to the existing ring main then can it be connected to a mcb at the consumer unit (not even sure that there is space on the consumer unit)

If all else fails can just a hand heater be fitted ?

thanks for any info/advise

Sponsored Links
Hi, I want to reinstate an outside toilet and have a 2kw instantaneous hand wash, a 2kw hand dryer and a 2kw heater fitted, is this going to be possible ?

The ground floor ring main is connected to 4 double sockets in the lounge, 4 double sockets and 6 fused spurs in the kitchen and a double socket in the utility.
Given the power consumption of what you propose you cannot connect it to the ring final circuit.

If it can't be connected to the existing ring main then can it be connected to a mcb at the consumer unit (not even sure that there is space on the consumer unit)
You will need a new circuit to be installed - that will require the involvement of your Local Authority Building Control - alternatively you can utilise the service of an electrician who is a member of one of the Approved schemes - he/she would design, install and test the circuit; certify the work meets current standards and organise the issuing of the Building Control certificate.

Ok thanks riveralt, I'm hoping that there is a spare fuseway on the consumer unit, I'll have a look when I get back later.

Might get the electrician to fit me an external socket as well :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back