bathroom heaters

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have been asked to fit two fan heaters, one in a bathroom the other in an en-suite shower room.The heaters that they are looking at are 2kw each.Would i have to run in a new feed from the consumer unit,to feed both?.Or failing that,if they just want one fitted,could i spur of an upstairs socket to a fused outlet in the loft, and feed it from that. cheers

Sponsored Links
SparkyJim <=====does this mean you are a Spark? that scares me....guess why !

I'd put a seperate feed in from the consumer unit, probably a 20A radial feeding 2 FCUs, outside the bathrooms at the ceiling (or Z3 i think), then to 2 flex outlets inside the bathrooms.

yeah ,im a spark,forgive me over that post,the more i read it the more stupid i realised it was.As per normal ,ive been asked to do a homer job,for an old age couple.They have completely redecorated from top to bottom in there new house.Then they realised they wanted heaters.I think i have convinced them to go for the one heater.And ive managed to find a heater thats rated at 1kw.Sorry for lettin the side down chaps...but you know how it is when the customer is giving you tea and biscuits,and pleading with you with their eyes...breaks my heart. So please ignore post...cheers

Sponsored Links
I simply wouldn't have a fan heater in a bathroom period. A wall mounted I.R. heater would be better, old fashioned maybe but safer. A fan heater has exposed heating elements inside it, try peeing on it and see what happens.

Job_n_knock said:
I simply wouldn't have a fan heater in a bathroom period. A wall mounted I.R. heater would be better, old fashioned maybe but safer. A fan heater has exposed heating elements inside it, try peeing on it and see what happens.

How do you intend accidentally peeing on a wall mounted fan heater 6 feet in the air? :eek:

When I was at school I could pee over the 8ft wall that our toilet had. I used to hold it to build up some pressure.

Job_n_knock said:
When I was at school I could pee over the 8ft wall that our toilet had. I used to hold it to build up some pressure.

would you do this in a bathroom in a house? :confused:

That would depend on what Ive been drinking prior to the event and in what quantity. You know I think I now know what those stains are on my bathroom ceiling. I can sleep now.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back