Taking a spur from a fan heater isolator?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a down flow fan heater in my bathroom (2kw), and i need another 10 amp isolator to feed a disabled toilet (max 1300w).
The fan heater is on it's own 2.5mm 16amp radial from the CU and is the only feed available to me in the bathroom. Can I take a spur from the fan isolator to feed the 2nd one for the toilet?

Any advice much appreciated. ;)

Sponsored Links
Hi, yes as long as it installed to meet the regs and you have rcd protection on the circuit.

Kind regards,

DS

Thanks DS. ;)

one more thing. The new isolator will be mounted near ceiling height with the feed cable chased into wall down to the toilet..
I currently have an earth cable in surface mount trunking running down the wall to the water main inlet/stopcock. Can I run the earth cable together with the toilet feed cable, in the same chased slot?
Should I use plastic tube for chased wires, or is plastic capping ok?

Sponsored Links
The new isolator will be mounted near ceiling height with the feed cable chased into wall down to the toilet.
All of the new cable will have to run vertically down in line with the isolator, in order to remain in the 'safe zone' required for buried cables. What do you intend to have at the bottom of the cable run to the toilet?

The new wiring and load will also have to be RCD-protected. If the circuit in question is not RCD-protected at the CU, this will have to be addressed.

Finally, will any of the new work/wiring be within 600mm (horizontally) from the edge of a bath or shower? If so, it would be 'notifiable' work, which would introduce additional complications.

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back