Bathroom Fan Heater

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just purchased a wall mounted bathroom fan heater.
Firstly I am aware that this is notifiable work regarding Part P.
I have decided on the location of the heater which is nowhere near the shower or bath and I have checked that the heater cannot be reached by anybody using any of these.

The manufacturers instructions state that in a bathroom a flexible cord outlet is required which I have purchased and that it needs to be controlled by a double pole switch outside the bathroom and needs to be protected by a 13 amp fuse. The heater has a maximum loading of 2KW.
For the isolating switch I have purchased a switched FCU and this will be connected to a ring circuit (30mA rcd protected) in the room next to the bathroom. The spur cable to the FCU will of course be 2.5mm (although as there is plenty of ring circuit cable around I am considering making the FCU part of the ring circuit)

My question is 'Can the cable from the load side of the FCU be 1.5mm because if I remember rightly in BS7671 it gives a rating of about 20 Amp (clipped direct which is how it is going to be in the above ceiling, no thermal insulation etc) or should it be 2.5mm like the spur cable?

Thanks for any help.

Sponsored Links
could probably get away with 1.5mm on 13A fuse, but why? just use 2.5mm ...

remember to extend your supp bonding...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back