wiring up a whirlpool cornerbath

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,
i have just bought a whirlpool bath and i need info to wire it up to the mains, if it is straight forward i will have a go at doing it it has come with a pneumatic box with 240v in and 11.5 coming out which i beleive is 4 the led lights , a air connecter on the outside of the box and air pipe on top of the pump motor do i have to put a switch inline to control the bath or just wire it up to the ringmain and the user contols the bath once he is in it thank-u 4 any help
phil

Sponsored Links
Are your aware of Part P and prior notification to Building Control?
Also what BS7671:2008 (17th edition wiring regulations) requires for circuits entering a bathroom?

If not then it's best to emply the services of a competant person.

Also what BS7671:2008 (17th edition wiring regulations) requires for circuits entering a bathroom?

thank-u 4 that info on part P i have a nephew who is a sparky i think i will get him to do the job i just thought it was straight forward job (DIY) do i need to let local auth know if my nephew wires it up
thank-u phil

Sponsored Links
Hi Phil, yes, unless your nephew can self certify then he will still need to pre notify building control prior to starting the work.

If the flex outlet, fed from a fused spur from a ring on an 17 ed board, is Outside the bathroom and the flex from the pump runs directly to it through the brick bathroom wall ( in trunking ) and the bath panel is firmly fixed , needing a screwdiver to remove, is this still notifiable work?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back