Wish me luck...

AdamW said:
Are you in charge of recruitment for a large city firm by any chance? ;)

Nay it was for a large national mob.

BTW The bloke is now the MD :LOL:

(Which reminds of the day when I was really p* s s*d off, had a real sh*t of a day. I answered the phone with, shall we say a 'less then enthusiatic' "hello". It was only the bl**dy MD on the phone. Ooops :oops:

Sponsored Links
I recall looking for a summer job when I was 17. I found a position as a Tea Boy on a building site advertised in a job centre. The woman on the desk insisted, "make sure you dress really smart, first impressions are very important". I pointed out that the interview was on a building site, but she insisted.

I turned up on this building site, in a bowler hat, 3 piece suit, with a brief case and brolly. (even though we were in the middle of a heat wave). Having found the site foreman, I then produced my letter of introduction from the Job Centre. He then read it, looked at me and split his sides laughing. He then pointed out that it would include general labouring and said "You wouldn't last a week in this job". I then replied "I'll bet you a tenner that I last 6 weeks". I got the job, and 6 weeks later, he gave me the tenner.

Sponsored Links
MMJ -- And I thought the background boats were yours !!
Yeovil's a fair old step from Torbay, specially in the winter - of course you do not know too much about winters I suppose.
If commuting, reckon you'll need an oil burner ... 55+mpg at least twice what the old VW does !! In a small way, it would increase your range at little extra cost.
Without being rude I think you are too cheap at the rates on your site, your business may be discarded as a resource by persons who wonder how / why the rates are so low.
Be nice to get a job, get settled, then whack your charges up for the work on the side ... worth a try (keep the old rates for long term customers) .... I have heard this can happen.

Good luck.
P

pipme said:
MMJ -- And I thought the background boats were yours !!
:D Not quite! I have a little Tinker!

pipme said:
Yeovil's a fair old step from Torbay, specially in the winter - of course you do not know too much about winters I suppose.
:cool: Luckily, the job is in good ol Palm Tree land! (The head office is in Yeovil) So, no need to purchase thermal undies!

pipme said:
If commuting, reckon you'll need an oil burner ... 55+mpg at least twice what the old VW does !! In a small way, it would increase your range at little extra cost.
NEVER!!!!
Sketched_Corrado.gif

pipme said:
Without being rude I think you are too cheap at the rates on your site, your business may be discarded as a resource by persons who wonder how / why the rates are so low.
:eek: That's not the first time I've been called cheap! :D

Anyhoo, fingers crossed....

I think i know what job MMJ has got! Website designer in charge of creating Funny and original Emoticons :)

kendor said:
I think i know what job MMJ has got! Website designer in charge of creating Funny and original Emoticons :)

No, R&D for a major ice cream manufacturer...
rofl.gif

P.S. Next Monday, had the letter this morning and stated next week... :rolleyes: Now, I can either blame Mrs Janitor for taking the message or someone I don't know... :?:

So, wish me luck for next week??? :D

No. Gutted, went really well and was told to that effect. But was pipped to the post.

Seeing as the feedback was so positive, I may try a little persuverence (the company is currently expanding).

Been a little bit moody tonight... :confused:

Sponsored Links
Back