wlan password probem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have forgot the password for my wlan access point. it is a d link DWL-2000AP+. i have tried pressing reset but it still doesnt work. any1 kno how i can reset settings to default?

EDIT: have got it reset. next problem: with no security, my laptop can access the shared files theu the wlan on my desktop. however, with security, it cant? it says its connected with limited/no activity but i have put the code etc in?

Sponsored Links
Which encryption method are you using? Check that it still matches that of the laptop, now that you have reset the router. Are you using a pre-shared key or entering a generated Hex string?

Just had a look at the manual.

The first versions only included WEP encryption at 64, 128 and 256 bit. If you have one of these, then check they are set the same on router and laptop. There is a firmware revision, which upgrades the router to WPA, which is superior to WEP. It may be that you already have this, but your router has defaulted back to WEP after the reset. Also check you are trying to connect to the correct SSID, in case this too has been reset. If you are using XP with SP1 or later, then I would recommend upgrading the firmware, if you haven't already done so.

Sponsored Links
Back