wm38 baxi overhaul problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys I have a baxi wm38 that has recently had a new thermostat, programmer, thermocoupler and main gas valve. (yeh i know probably cheaper to replace it)

The problem was I woke up one morning to no ch or hw..after getting these parts replaced i now have ch but no hw... I was wondering if the gas valve needs setting up or if it is already done so in the factory settings.

Any help or suggestions would be very grateful thanks
PhotoViewer.aspx
[/list]

Sponsored Links
just manualy opened the hw valve and the boiler starts up so i think it must be a problem with the communication between the programmer and the valve.

not sure i have one.....the system operates on one pump which after then splits into 2 pipes and 2 valves ( 1 for hw and 1 for ch)

Sponsored Links
just had a look at the wiring for the valves and noticed something odd......

5 wires come out of the valves both hw and ch but only 3 from each go into the programmer..... the other 2 are snipped,

now this has been like this since i moved in 8 yrs ago and the heating has always worked ok so what are the other wires for?

Anyway ive manualy opened the hw valve (gate) and the boiler fires up, the hw is normaly always on anyway but will manualy opening it cause any problems such as over heating etc as i,m not sure if it would normaly close after it reaches temp.

took the plunge.... when the water reaches the temp required the boiler dies down , valve stays open so i assume all will be ok

learn by doing?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back