WMA74 Bearing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sounds like drum bearing is going on our WMA74 Hotpoint washing machine ... already changed bushes on the motor earler in the year ,, no problems,,very easy..

whats the possibility of doing a drum bearing change myself ?

loathed to buy a new washing machine as everything else works really well..

if a possibility any advice/tips would be appreciated

also any god placed in the UK to get a bearing from ?

thanks to anyone who responds to thsi post,,,appreciated

Sponsored Links
Here's a link to an answer to your specific query:
http://www.fixya.com/support/t4081849-change_bearings_hotpoint_wma74

I recommend taking photos of any wiring before you remove them from the terminals!.
You'll need a lot of room as the drum-that is the outer (plastic) AND inner (stainless steel)- has to be lifted out the top of the machine then the front of the outer removed (if you're lucky it's clipped in place)- before you can tackle the job of taking the inner drum out. On more and more models, the front of the outer (plastic) drum is welded in place....then it's scrap as there's no way to get at the bearings and an entire new drum is ludicrous price! However, my WM51 was quite easy-but not quick -to do, and you really need some decent tools and a mechanic's mindset to remove the inner bearing...also a workshop as you'll beat h*ll out of the outer drum to drift out the old bearings. Good luck!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back