Wobbly existing tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have recently purchased a house that I believe was owned by the 'Bodge it Brothers'. Im planing on extending the tiles around the bath (currently 1m above the bath) to the ceiling height so i can incorporate a shower, I have managed to prise the tiling strip off the edge and have found that the bodge it brothers have been at it again,

Firstly i noticed that the top edge of the exiting tile was wobbling so out of curiousity i removed the grout and popped the tile off, it came off rather easily - the reason for this being that the previous owner had slapped some paint a freshly plastered wall without a mist coat then decided to tile to this wall without giving a key for the adhesive to bond to, meaning that paint has just pealed off rather easily.

When I tile further up the wall I will give a good key into the plaster for the adhesive to stick to but im a bit stuck as to what is the best course of action for the existing tiles as I dont really want to remove whats already there. Has anybody got any suggestions?

Cheers

Tris

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back