Wobbly plaster/ Mortor behind my window trim

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Where the wall meets the window there is a plastic trim. I took it off because there is a damp patch under the window sill in the corner. I was trying to find the answer to the damp and so took the plastic trim off. It's about an inch thick. This brought off some of the skimmer plaster but behind it there is plaster/Mortor that is cracked but stuck there wobbling... What is the best way to repair it. For the gap I was gunna foam it but I cant just leave broken bits of plaster/Mortor holding on. Can you help me please.... It has been causing me alot of stress

Sponsored Links
I'm having so much trouble adding a photo.... I will try

thumbnail_DSC_1647.jpg
hi this is the picture...thankyou . I really hope you can help I would very much appreciate it

Sponsored Links
Inkedthumbnail_DSC_1647_LI.jpg
its this area that is wobbly, loose and thick, but also cracked

That's right it is. What would you recommend to do to fix it?
Thankyou

Can you pullit out?
You'd probably be able to "glue" it back in with some filler/plaster then skim over.

If not, break it up and remove, buy a small bag of rapid set cement and fill it.
Give it 24 hrs to dry

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back