Wocester c1 boiler not igniting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My wocester c1 boiler (british gas. installed 2001) is not igniting.
This happens now and again when turning both hot water or heating on at this time of year but usually can get working with resetting boiler.

Had gas engineer out over a week ago now but has never seen this boiler and wont do anything until he knows he get parts. He said hes been unsuccessful in finding suppliers so far.
I tried to get through to british gas this evening but offices closed by the time i finished work.

Anyone know what problem might be and what part might be required?

I could then search parts on internet and pass info onto engineer.

Sponsored Links
Could be any number of things Donna. On a 19 year old boiler ,I would question the wisdom of spending money on it to be frank. Maybe consider putting it towards a new boiler.

C1 relates to the fan speed. If your engineer doesn’t know, then please obtain a different engineer who does know. We can’t tell you which part to obtain as there’s not enough information provided, but you’re also asking about repairing and obtaining a part which related to the combustion process of a gas appliance, which is against forum rules.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Hi Chris, C1 is the model of this particular boiler......thats how old it is.

If im going against the rules its cause its my first time on and havnt a clue what im doing. Just needing help and advice.
Just glad someones responded though cause wasnt even sure where id posted the thread....lol

Hi Chris, C1 is the model of this particular boiler......thats how old it is.

If im going against the rules its cause its my first time on and havnt a clue what im doing. Just needing help and advice.
Just glad someones responded though cause wasnt even sure where id posted the thread....lol

Apologies Donna, thought it was a fault code quoted. We can give basic consumer advice. Does it produce any fault indicators? Are any lights lit up?

Hi Chris,

Thanks.

There is a flashing red light. This tells me tgere is a fault and until now could be easily reset.
This indicator sits away from the lights that identify the hot water and the heating though both those lights are staying out at present because of fault.
The engineer didnt even take casing off boiler to look inside. He just took instruction manual away. He said he'd phoned around to see if anyone supplied parts, which he has been unsuccessful so far. He says theres no point looking inside unless he knows where he can gets parts. Thats where my initial questions came from. Im stuck between a rock and a hard place right now.

There are grants available for new boilers ,depending on your circumstances though.

Have you overlooked anything obvious? Water pressure ok, you have gas credit, the emergency control hasn’t been accidentally knocked off?

To be honest Donna, I’d be looking at getting a different engineer in, to diagnose the fault and seek a solution. I would also seek a quote for a new boiler. Looking online it seems some parts are available and others are obsolete.

It's a very simple reliable boiler produced by Worcester for BG although I last saw one several years ago.
Any Worcester spares stockist will either have or can obtain the parts.
Looking around it appears that all parts are still available except the fan which is showing as obsolete but there are plenty of suppliers still showing stock...failing that it's easy to get the fan reconditioned.
Find someone else willing to go as far as taking the case off...

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Should be repairable, you need a more experienced engineer, if you post where in the country you are possibly someone could recommend someone for you

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back