Wonky Garage Door?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Recently my Cardale door has become misaligned. It's a single up and over door, with a SEIP door opener attached to it. It's always worked fine until the last few weeks.

When it is in the closed position the top left hand corner (as you look at the door from the outside) is fouling on the lifting arm.

I've been scratching my head all morning trying to work out how to level it back up but can't see any form of real adjustment that makes any difference.

I have picked up about retensioning the spring, but most references I see to that are about two springs above the door being out of balance. I only have one spring that goes all the way across my door, so I'm not sure how that would apply greater pressure on one side than another?

I only want to mess about with the spring if it's the likely culprit, because I understand they can be dangerous if they snap.

Does anyone have any advice that might provide a hint as to why my door is misaligned? :oops:

Sponsored Links
At each end of the spring you should have a cone that the cable winds round, check that its not pop out of the grooves that guide it around.

To loosen the cable just get someone with a pozi screwdriver and put it in one of the holes in the spring tensioners found at each end of the spring, lift up or pull down to release the tension on the cable

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back