Wonky radiator pipes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all
Hope you can arm me with some insight as I’m a complete novice so got in a builder/decorator who had amazing online reviews to redo our whole lounge but even I know something is up.
As part of the project we asked for the radiator to be moved under the window with pipes coming out the floor.
Once floor was pulled up turns out it’s concrete so had to be dug up to run plastic pipes across to the new rad location.
After new flooring put down the radiator goes on and the plastic pipes poking out the floor clearly are in the wrong place as the effect is a bend even with the covers on that came with the valves.
Does anyone know how this can be sorted please? As the plastic pipe has been concreted over I don’t know how the pipes can be manoeuvred? thanks for your help!

Attachments

• 50FEDC5F-1D21-4D70-B701-F2035AC18459.jpeg
    50FEDC5F-1D21-4D70-B701-F2035AC18459.jpeg
    213.9 KB · Views: 429
Sponsored Links
The radiator isn't level either.
I'd suggest removing radiator and refixing brackets so's a) it is mounted level and b) the radiator is moved slightly to one side so that one of the tails can be set vertical.
The other tail will need some form of offset fitting
And don't use the guy who did the original fit.

The radiator seems to be parallel to the floor but not the windowsill, so one or the other are not levelled.
Plastic pipes in cement: I think someone here suggested to sleeve them same as copper to avoid any reaction, or maybe I misunderstood.

It seems he didn't allow for the fittings when setting the pipework, hence the 'cock-eyed' spread.
Chances are, the ends of the pipes are not sitting square in the fittings and this could lead to problems such as leakage as time goes by.

Sponsored Links
Got to say the cuts in the skirting board look a bit rubbish for an alleged expert...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back