wood/masonary paint help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys,i have a bit of painting that need doing,on some wood and some smooth masonary,all black.
my question is,which will work/look the best.
wood paint on masonary or masonary paint on wood.the wood is high up and will not be noticed as much.
i know i should buy a tin of each but if i can get away with buying 1 tin all the better,cheers

Sponsored Links
You really should consider buying the right paints for each task.

Masonry paint on exterior wood is likely to flake in due course.

Oil based gloss(?) on masonry will require lots of undercoat, and will be likely to crack.. and then flake.

A waterbased satin woodpaint would probably be a better compromise if you don't want to buy the correct paints.

Unfortunately waterbased wood finishes don't last as long as their oil based counterparts.

Depending on how exposed to the Elements the woodwork is you could use the Masonry Paint, a lot of decorators use masonry paint on the underneath of Soffit Boards.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back