wood paint / treatment

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i've just finished T&G ceiling was going to paint it with white emulsion straight on or watered down to show the grain but it looks lovely as pine.

I don't want to varnish as it means rubbing down in the future.

i cant varnish stood up let alone upside down and 20ft up a wall.

Is there anything I can treat it with that will preserve the light colour and not need rubbing down when treated in the future.

thanks

OJ

Sponsored Links
i need little maintance , like gloss when it needs rubbing down, as the ceiling is high, i don't want to be up there in another few years.

i've seen linseed oil applied to wood and it soaks in is there something like that i could use.

thanks
OJ

All Oil Bases yellow through time.

Why not use an Clear Satin Acrylic Based Varnish over your white. Give the cladding three coats of Clear Satin Acrylic Based Varnish. This will create an surface that can be easily washed, rather than rub down and redo in the future.

Sponsored Links
Wax?...fairly easy to apply too..

Zampa said:

thanks will look into the wax applications, i had visions of hours and hours of rubbing in on one spot..been watching to many old movies :LOL:

Odd Job said:
Zampa said:

thanks will look into the wax applications, i had visions of hours and hours of rubbing in on one spot..been watching to many old movies :LOL:

:eek: What type?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back