Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,
Please don’t judge me too harshly for wanting to paint some panelling within my home, it’s simply too dark in certain parts of the building. I would greatly appreciate advice on how to achieve a really high standard painted finish. I do not know what the panels are currently finished in and whether it is a stain or varnish or something else. I understand that preparation is absolutely critical if anyone can explain the stages of this and what products I should use including any preferred brands. Is there a recommended type of paint? Better tools, sprayers or brushes? I’m not a total novice at decorating, However I usually decorator business premises and the standard is lower than I desire here in my forever home. Is it realistic for me to think I can achieve a really high standard or should I bite the bullet and seek an expert? Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back