wood treatment

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, any advice please regarding treating a small loft over an extension. Size is 3 mtrs x 2.5mtrs. Sloping roof, inside going from 1.5 mtrs down to nothing. 150mm X 50mm joist supporting planks. I have seen the small holes and some dust on the underside of a couple of planks.
What would be the best treatment and can this be painted on as opposed to spray, very confined space. Thanks for any help and advice.

Sponsored Links
be no good attempting to brush it on,the fluid will end up running down your arms.
get a sprayer and follow the instructions on the tin.

You can use one of those garden pump sprayers, they are more effective and quicker but buy a the right mask to do it with.

You can brush it on but it's time consuming and you will probably miss bits especially if you have to reach up, it's like water and will run down your arms with virtually nothing penetrating the wood and you will use more fluid for the same effect.

Your choice, i would use the sprayer.

Sponsored Links
Gregers & Mac391,many thanks, bit late answering, been away. Trying to avoid spraying as the space is a bit restrictive. However, looks like that will be what I'll have to do.
Thanks again :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back