Wood vs blackout blinds

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have trouble sleeping if the light comes in. I have just moved house and I am trying to find the best solution for the bedroom window. Does anybody know how do the wood blinds compare to blackout blinds, or if there is any other better option available (for a decent price) in terms of blocking the light?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
By wood blinds I presume you mean the plantation style shutters.
Blackout blinds will always be better as properly fitted they will, as the name suggests, provide a complete blackout however as to looks...

Sponsored Links
Thanks. I ordered a blackout blind for the recess, and if that will be to ugly I can always put courtains or blinds on the inside.

Wooden blinds as you have described let through loads of light in my opinionas the slats don't close completely flush/shut and they have holes for where the string runs through the boards.

Blackout roller is the only way to go unless you fancy spending lots of expensive shutters.

You can buy normal curtains or blinds with a blackout lining, no need for seperate curtains etc.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back