Blackout blinds, no window sills.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to get blackout blinds, not just the things that are often called blackout blinds (made from blackout material), I want something that has slots down the side that the blind can run through so there's no/little bleed at the edges.

I went to look at blocblinds.co.uk which seem to get close to what I want, however they require a sill, and I don't have any! they say there's no guarantee they'll block all the light without a sill, and you can see from the design that for the surface fit option the blind needs to rest against something at the bottom to make a seal.

Some of the windows I could fit a sill to, but some have very little space, I'd be using thin plywood and I can just see myself making a pig's ear out of the whole thing.

So are there any other brands I should be looking at that overcome this problem?
Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Why don't you have a cill? Is the there n reveal around the window then inside? Got some pics?

Hi,

If you were going for surface fit, why not just attach a slim batten to the bottom, rather than a whole sill?
It could even be fixed to the wall with something like 'no more nails', if you were worried about making a pig's ear of it.

Sponsored Links
Why don't you have a cill? Is the there n reveal around the window then inside? Got some pics?

I suppose you could say that I have an interior window sill but it's plasterboard, and is flush with the reveals. Presumably this was to save money? It's not that common but I've seen it in other houses.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back