Replacing manual Velux blind with electric (solar) one

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I fitted a manual blackout blind to a Velux window (GGL C02) a couple of years ago but would now like to replace it with an electric solar one, as it is awkward to reach with the pole. This should be fine in principle, but I want to check if it will be straightforward in terms of reusing the existing screw holes (- might this cause problems?) or does anyone know if the fitting will be slightly different? I've had a look at the installation info and it looks like the positioning of the screw holes on both versions is similar/the same.

Any thoughts on whether this is a sensible thing to do welcome, as this would be an expensive item to make a mistake on!

Thank you in advance.

Sponsored Links
Hi,

Did you ever go ahead with this change? Looking for some "real world" reviews on the Velux Solar blinds. We have a double height ceiling where I need to install a blackout blind. It is a Velux window, but not an Integra window, meaning that Velux only suggest a manual or Solar blind.

We are at the stage now where we could easily fit a wire for a motorised blind, but wondering if the Solar ones are actually just as good, are reliable, and a sensible option.

If you took the plunge, would appreciate your experience of the Solar Blin in operation.

Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back