Velux window replacement manual to electric, same size

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,
about 5 years ago i completed an extension to the home and at that time i had fitted 3 x MK04 velux centre pivot openers on the pitched roof. At the time my budget afforded me only 2 manual and 1 x electric. To be honest i wished i’d have fitted all electric! Anyhow, I'm in a position to replace the 2 manual for electric versions of the same size. One of the reasons is we only ever open the electric one as they are quite high so using the velux pole (which is cheap and nasty and not very strong) is a pain.

1. is it pretty straight forward swap
2. do you recommend replacing the flashing, its the same type but will be disturbed now doubt during replacement
3. can the electric feed be taken from the electric velux which is positioned in the centre of the 2 manual ones.

I intend to do a modification to the internal ceiling so reboarding and skimming due to damage caused by replacing the velux units is not an issue.

Anyone know anyone local to Redditch B97 who could quote for the job id be happy to contact them
cheers

Sponsored Links
I've fitted a couple of the solar conversion kits here - all straight forward and very DIY-able. Just make sure your product number is compatible etc

Sponsored Links
I've fitted a couple of the solar conversion kits here - all straight forward and very DIY-able. Just make sure your product number is compatible etc

I gave Velux a call. They basically confirmed what you said and the bonus being you can programme them to work in conjunction with my original touch screen controller.
That seems to be the most efficient way to go and saves disturbing the current frame & flashing.

Thanks for the heads up gents, much appreciated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back