Wood worm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can living trees get woodworm? It looks like woodworm trails!! What ever it is how can I get rid of it?

Sponsored Links
Proabably not woodworm as such. There's a frightening list of bugs here with suggested remedies (although I'm pretty sure that Lindane is no longer available).

Surprising how anything survives with that lot about! :)

Thanks for the help! I don't really like using insecticides but I think this calls for drastic action!! The holes go deep into the trunk so will they be safe or will it kill the tree? interestingly (Well i think so!!) there is a similar type of damage (big hole/channel in the wood) in the shed next to it! I think the local wood pecker has made the hole bigger!

Why not take another view? Insect eating (and other) birds need food. No food, no birds. You have probably got some healthy trees as well, enjoy the variety and have some of the creatures that need the trees to survive. Then you get the insect eaters, the woodpeckers, the sparrow hawks.....the list goes on.

Sponsored Links
You make me feel guilty now!!! The wood pecker though likes to feed off the birdfeeder!! If it was any other trre i wouldnt mind but its one side of an arch!! :LOL:

I shouldn't worry about it being one side of an arch, most birds do not mind where their bugs come from. If you have an arch, it's not much to tell people about, except "there's an arch".

Now, if one side was missing, THERE'S an interesting story.. "Oh, there used to be an arch there but some bugs made there home in it as it was probably a bit on the sick side. Anyway we had (then fill in with long list of birds) living on it for ages. Did you know..............etc etc". People will think how considerate you were, instead of someone saying "WHAT? LINDANE? That was banned years ago as it was so dangerous, what ever made you do that.......(and so it goes on).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back