WOODBURNER INSTALLERS alias hetas experts

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What planet do these people think they are on. I've just had a quote to line my chimney with 6" ss flue liner at over £1500.

When I asked for a breakdown I was told materials and labour was about 50%0/50%. The labour being charged at £55 per hour. x 2 men. I could hire a chartered engineer or accountant for that.

What is so difficult about fitting Woodburners that they need to charge twice the average rate of a plummer or Electrician that both need serve about 5 years to become competent. i'm sure a smart chimney sweep could learn in the art in a weekend.

Also why are online woodburner sellers so coy about there prices, looks like a bit of a closed shop to me.... any tradesmen out there want to dirversify into this lucrative business. £55 per hour, one days work per week should earn you the average annual salary.

Sponsored Links
The charge is resonable. £55 a metre at least for the flue and £55 an hour for labour. It's a 2 man job. Then there are the extras like the register plate and doing the chimney pot and benching.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back