Wooden bathroom floors?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've recently moved into a victorian house with ceramic tiles on the bathroom floor. The job has not been done well and half the tiles are starting to lift and crack. We'd like to re do this floor, tiles are freezing cold and really don't look nice.

The rest of the upper floor is floorboards, can we do the same in the bathroom? I realise it may mean lifting and replacing the old knackered boards but can I get wood well enough sealed? I've looked at laminates but they all look truly nasty.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
Possible solutions after removing existing tiles and floor :
1: lay new tounge and groove boards ,sand and seal with yacht varnish
this would need to be checked with varnish manufacturer,also consider possible slip factor
2:lay 18mm marine ply floor seal top bottom and sides ,lay electric under floor heating mat (inexpensive and readily availsble trom any tile supplier) lay ceramic tiles on top,again consider slip factor and would you need call in proffessional trades
3: lay moisture resistant chpboard (green) £7 per sheet, 22mm thick if you can find it (some b&qs),then choose good quality non slip vinly flooring ,(you might be suprised of range availble)

3 would be my choice as it is inexpensive,non slip,warm to the touch cheap to have fitted therefore cheap to replace in years to come if you fancy a change ,
hope this helps

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back