Wooden Door Canopy Rotten

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys, I have a wooden Over door canopy and part of the wood has rotted away exposing the brick work, looking to replace the length of wood that has rotted with a piece of similar length, width and depth. Afterwards I will seal the joints and repaint the canopy.

The Canopy is partially sunk into the render and I’ve already noticed a small bit of the render has crumbled off, I anticipate when removing the wood some of the render may come away. Any advice on the best way to go about this and touching up the render around it.

Sorry if the pictures are a bit dark.

Any advice here would be appreciated, I’m a sparky to trade but this is my first project remotely like this.

Cheers

Attachments

• IMG_3534.jpeg
    IMG_3534.jpeg
    538.6 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_3535.jpeg
    IMG_3535.jpeg
    594.1 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_3538.jpeg
    IMG_3538.jpeg
    414.8 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_3537.jpeg
    IMG_3537.jpeg
    379.1 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_3533.jpeg
    IMG_3533.jpeg
    564.2 KB · Views: 38
Sponsored Links
The full upright is rotten the wood is soft all up the RHS of it. The Horizontal Panel along the top seems to be rotted too where it meets the upright. Have decided to ask a local joiner to have a look. If its going to need braces etc to do the job I think the cost will just mount up

The full upright is rotten the wood is soft all up the RHS of it. The Horizontal Panel along the top seems to be rotted too where it meets the upright. Have decided to ask a local joiner to have a look. If its going to need braces etc to do the job I think the cost will just mount up
Replace the lot.

Sponsored Links
+1 on total replacement. It's unsafe as it is and could cause injury. The weight of the tiles is considerable.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back