Rotten wooden door on shed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all

We have an old wooden shed in the garden. The body of the shed is still solid, but the door also made of some wood has been rotten especially the bottom part where it contacts with the soiland rain water.

So the bottom part has a few holes from the rot, but from the middle to the top of the door seem solid.

What would be best way to do it up? I was thinking of cutting the rotten bits off and screwing new hard wood stakes on the existing top part lining them up.

Other way I was thinking was to apply some wood preservatives on the whole door leaving the rotten part as well, and when it dries, screw new wood stakes on top of the existing door, covering the whole door with new solid wood and paint over.

Last option was just rip it apart, and get fresh new door and hinges, and replace the whole lot. What would be the best option? Thanks

Sponsored Links
Replace, you could do cheaply with pallet timber.
Here is one I made earlier. IMG_3501.jpg

Wow That looks great. Superb work fh.

Yeah I will need to go to b&q and get some osb or plywood. I do have some scrap of old wood stakes in the corner of the garden, but they wouldn't be enough quantity to make the whole door.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back