Wooden floor insulation, exp.foam between ext walls & jo

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm going to be insulating a suspended wood floor by lifting the existing floor boards and using some chicken wire and rolls of insulation hung between the joists. Then laying some new sheet t&g flooring back down.

My only concern is a possible wicking effect between the external walls and the insulation that butts up against them. Would i be better using expanding foam between the joists to the external walls then butting the rock wool up to that to prevent direct contact? Or am i worried for nothing?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
That's never been a problem in my experience and I wonder when you say "chicken wire" you mean the plastic equivalent (stapled on), which is normally used and won't introduce a cold bridge possibility...pinenot :)

I've inspected some of the brick work underneath the floor and because the the joists sit below the dpc some of the brick work on the external walls isn't bone dry (it's a 188x terrace).

I was concerned about possibly drawing moisture from the bricks into the insulation and then the joists.

Yeah sorry the netting i've got is plastic not metal :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back